Q. How do I obtain a copy of my DD 214?

A. To obtain or amend a copy of your military service record and/or your Official Military Personnel File
(DD-214, OMPFs), please visit the website for the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)  which is
part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). If you have been discharged from
military service, your personnel files are stored at NARA, the official repository for records of military
personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast
To get to the NPRC Web site, you will need to go to;

This site gives instructions to submit a SF 180 - Request Pertaining to Military Records. It also has links
Personnel Files (OMPFs)
Request Service Records or Proof of Military Service
Locations of Military Service Records
Medical and Health Records
Correcting Service Records and Discharges
Replacement Medals and Awards
Military Service Records at the National Personnel Records Center's Archival Research Room

NARA has an online document request service  which allows you to Request Copies of Military
Personnel Records online. This system provides a customized order form to request information from
your, or your relative's, military personnel records. To utilize this system, you will need to go to;

Questions about your military records may also be sent to: National Personnel Records Center Military
Personnel Records Center 9700 Page Boulevard St. Louis, MO 63132-5100  Q. How do I replace lost
ribbons and medals  A. Go to one of the following web site, there you can order a replacement based on
the information contained on your DD214.                  
Frequently Asked Questions
Manteno American Legion  Auxiliary